Want to learn dog grooming....we have the perfect solution at Woofs n Scruffs!!
Woofs academy now offers a range of dog grooming courses specifically designed for those wanting to start a career in dog grooming as well as for beginners and those who want to be able to groom their own dog.
We can now offer both Foundation and Advanced training in our modern Washington Dog Grooming Salon.
The Foundation Course runs for 3 hours per week over an 8 week period and covers the following subject area:
• How to work safely in a busy grooming salon
• Reducing hazards and risk assessing your environment
• Cleaning, and sterilising equipment and keeping working environment clean and tidy
• Legislation which will affect your work as a dog groomer
• Health checking dogs
• Parasites and steps to take to deal with them
• Reading a dogs body language
• Dog anatomy
• Grooming equipment suitable for various breeds and coats
• Preparing dogs for bathing
• How to handle and restrain dogs
• How to deal with different coat types
• Breed standards
• How to Bath dogs with various coat types ready for styling
• Use of equipment for different dog and coat types
• Nail trimming and Anal Gland Expression
• Basic Trimming
This Course is limited to 10 students per course...some basic grooming equipment will be required. We can provide this for you at a discounted price. Information will be provided after booking.
Wednesday 12th September (10am-1pm)
Foundation Courses run for 8 weeks.
The Advanced Course runs for 3 hours per week over a 12 week period and covers the following subject area:
• Students will build on the knowledge they have gained during the Foundation certificate or whilst working in the salon.
• You will learn styles and finishing of a variety of different dogs and coats styles.
• Use of clippers and advanced scissoring for a variety of breeds.
This Course is limited to 9 students per course...some basic grooming equipment will be required. We can provide this for you at a discounted price. Information will be provided after booking.
10am until 1pm
Advanced Courses run for 12 weeks.